In addition to the programs and initiatives that are offered by VHEC member campuses, VHEC is also available to provide professional consulting services to our member institutions or other partner organizations. For example, we have: supported strategic planning processes, conducted evaluation and assessment projects; led professional development workshops; and facilitated collective impact initiatives
To discuss a consulting need or interest, please contact one of our staff members.
Short-term Consulting (MEMBERS ONLY):
As a membership benefit, any VHEC member campus can contact us for short-term advice and consulting. Have a strategic plan on which you'd like feedback? Need a guest speaker at a department meeting? Want someone to help you write a position description? VHEC staff members are available for phone calls and limited campus visits for these or other similar needs.
VHEC may also available to conduct longer-term consulting or to provide campus-based workshops specifically tailored to your needs. Member campuses receive a 50% discount on these services.
Member Consulting Rates:
Half-day (up to 4 hrs): $350
Full-day (up to 8 hrs): $600
Plus travel costs.
Non-Member Consulting Rates:
Half-day (up to 4 hrs): $700
Full-day (up to 8 hrs): $1200
Plus travel costs.
Long-term consulting may also be designed as a percentage of a VHEC staff member's salary or other negotiated agreement depending on our staff capacity.
Sample Consulting Projects
- The Lumina Policy Committee - VHEC's Executive Director served as the facilitator for a year-long series of meetings including diverse constituents from across Vermont to discuss increasing post-secondary attainment. This policy committee led to the founding of 70x2025vt.org, a statewide partnership to increase post-secondary attainment to 70% of Vermont Adults by the year 2025.
- College of Saint Joseph Provider Program - VHEC's Executive Director was written into a two-year grant at CSJ to create and implement the Provider Scholars Program, which was designed to recruit and support low-income and underrepresented college students. Carrie's role was to help design the curriculum for a first-year seminar and then work with the planning team to assess the imapct of the seminar. Outcomes included a program theory of change, a course syllabus, multiple course surveys, and a final report in the impact of the course on students.
- Community-Engaged Learning Institute - VHEC has provided multiple iterations of this institute designed to guide faculty members in the creation of service-learning or community-engaged learning courses. The institute includes workshops on the theoretical basis of service-learning, guest speakers, and active time to develop a course syllabus.
- College Positive Volunteerism Workshops - VHEC's staff are trained in CPV, an approach that encourages anyone who is mentoring underrepresented K-12 youth to imagine and bring to life their post-secondary possibilities. VHEC has designed workshops in this method for student mentors, peer advocates, and others on our member campuses and in our AmeriCorps programs.
- Koru Mindfulness - The Koru Mindfulness program is a 4-week introduction to mindfulness and meditation designed especially for young adults. VHEC's Executive Director is a teacher-in-training and able to deliver this series, as well as other workshops on mindfulness, to member campuses and other organizations in the region.
- Work on Purpose - designed by Echoing Green, this program is designed to help college students and professionals to explore the intersections between their strengths, values, and professional aspirations. There are a total of 10 workshops to choose from related to these topics, and VHEC staff have been trained in delivering them.